Saints Constantine and Helen Greek Orthodox Cathedral Hiring a Part-Time Cathedral Secretary
This position reports to the Dean of the Cathedral, provides administrative and secretarial support, and assists the Cathedral Dean and Parish Council in carrying out the tasks and obligations of the Cathedral.
The position description includes:
- Part time, 25 – 30 hours per week, flexible hours Monday-Friday between 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Answer and screen phone calls, greet visitors and parishioners, process incoming/outgoing mail.
- Assist with managing appointments for Cathedral Dean, maintain Cathedral calendar.
- Database and recordkeeping: maintain current Cathedral membership and mailing database; manage weekly volunteer positions in support of Cathedral services, events and activities; maintain a current list of parishioners home bound or in health/support communities.
- Record vital Parish records such as Baptisms, Weddings, etc.; prepare related applications, certificates and correspondence.
- Assist and prepare correspondence for Cathedral Dean.
- Maintain all documents of official cathedral meetings, assist Cathedral Dean and Parish Council in coordinating and communicating meeting information and documents.
- Layout and prepare weekly and special occasion bulletins.
- Layout and prepare monthly newsletters, and deliver to Sandstone Post Office for mailing.
- Administer use of the security system.
- Provide Notary Public services for Cathedral staff and parishioners.
- Assist with special projects and events.
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality.
Qualifications and skills requirement:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong record keeping and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills and experience in Microsoft Office, church database software, publishing software, and Adobe InDesign preferred; assist with maintaining cathedral website.
- Strong skills in the use of standard office tools (copy machine, typewriter, postage machine, etc.).
- Ability to work with and support of individuals and ministry teams.
Hourly commensurate with experience
Part-time position without benefits
To apply, please email your resume to Financial Secretary, Caroline Moses at: email@example.com