In the beginning… God worked. Work was done by a holy and perfect being. Do you think we’ll be lounging around on clouds in Heaven? No – we’ll work together with jobs and projects that fit us perfectly. Work was meant to be life-giving!
Bad News: Sin has changed everything.
- Ever get the “Sunday evening blues”?
- Ever worry that technology may take away your job?
- Ever wonder how your work fits into God’s plan?
- Well, you’re not alone!
Good News: This conference will inspire the churches of Richmond to experience God’s restorative plan to reclaim faith, hope, and love at work. The conference will include:
- Sound Biblical teaching on faith, work, and economics
- Practical advice for taking your faith to work on Monday morning
- A glimpse into the future of work and economics (the Second Industrial Revolution!)
- A call to ignite a 21st Century renaissance in the church
21st Century Learning:
- World-class teaching
- Face-to-face table discussions with Christians from 20+ area churches
- Live electronic polling on the landscape of Richmond’s marketplace
Who: For Christians in the Metropolitan Richmond Marketplace
What: Conference on Faith, Work, & Economics
When: November 17-18, 2017
Where: Bon Air Baptist Church | 2531 Buford Road, Richmond, VA 23235
Why: Because Christ is Lord of all areas of life, we’re bringing churches together to equip them to be light in the area of life where we spend most our time, and where the good news of Jesus has the greatest potential – at work.
Registration: Click here to register!
About the Speaker: Rev. Dr. Kenneth Barnes has a background as an international executive, a pastor, and an academic. His resume in any one of these categories is impressive. We encourage you to view his credentials here, and see why he is one of the world’s top authorities on the intersection of faith, work, and economics.
Conference Schedule and Topics:
Theology of Work: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- The God of work and the work of God – where you fit in.
Saturday (8:30am-3:00pm) with Light Continental Breakfast, Coffee, & Lunch Provided
How to Share Your Faith without Losing Your Job
- From Baby Boomers to Millennials – you can confidently (and properly) share your faith with your colleagues at work.
Work and Economics: Back to the Future
- The Industrial Revolution gave birth to the Communist Revolution because the Church was absent. That doesn’t have to happen again!
Table Discussions and Lunch (Chick-fil-A)
Love Works: A Renaissance for the 21st Century Church
- Automated jobs are expected to put 40% of us out of work by the year 2030. How do we respond? Though our future is uncertain, our God is not.
Ken will be preaching at Community West Church (meeting at The Steward School) at 10:00am | 11600 Gayton Road, Richmond, VA. 23238