As Christians, we give to proclaim the good news that God’s love, confirmed in Jesus Christ, is freely and graciously offered to each and every one of us. Our response to that love is to love back – to love God with our whole selves and likewise to love and do justice to our neighbors.
We give in response to all that God has given us—particularly in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus—and as a way of sharing in God’s own will for and work in the world.
Our generous supporters at Needle’s Eye give for many reasons:
- Giving follows receiving. Paul testifies in 2 Cor. 9:11 that “you will be enriched in every way to be generous in every way.” Lives are being enriched through the Lord’s work at Needle’s Eye – and generous hearts are giving back.
- Giving meets needs. It is appropriate to fund those who tirelessly minister the gospel to our souls, and those of our friends, neighbors, and business associates (1 Cor. 9:9-14).
- Giving glorifies God. When we give away what God has already given us, we are also giving praise and thanksgiving that glorifies God (2 Cor. 9:12).
- Giving benefits us. In giving, we become right, or in line, with God’s will for us. Ps. 112:9 – “He has distributed freely; he has given to the poor; his righteousness endures forever.”
- Giving imitates Jesus. “For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you by his poverty might become rich” (2 Cor. 8:9). If Jesus gave and we call ourselves his people, his Church, we should imitate our Lord and become loving, living examples of our heavenly Benefactor.
Our donors support Needle’s Eye through:
- Gifts to the Annual Fund, which supports all program areas and daily operations
- Planned gifts, which help secure the long-term health of Needle’s Eye, and additionally offer significant tax benefits to the donor
- Gifts in-kind
- Honor or Memorial Gifts, acknowledging a special someone through a gift to Needle’s Eye
- Volunteer hours, which multiply the efficiency and effectiveness of our programs and events
For more information about giving opportunities, please contact:
Director of Annual Giving